EUREX: Eurex Equity Index News November 2019
Eurex Equity Index News – November 2019
Eurex expands strategic relationship with MSCI
Eurex and MSCI have signed an agreement on the long-term extension of their strategic relationship. In addition to the long-term extension of the license agreement on futures and options, MSCI will license new indexes to Eurex for listed ESG equity index derivatives and Total Return Futures (TRF).
The successful MSCI index-linked product offering at Eurex will be expanded in the coming months to include ESG equity index derivatives. This will serve the strongly growing demand for sustainable investments and the trend towards listed and centrally cleared contracts
With 120 listed MSCI index-based futures, 20 MSCI index-based options and an open interest of around 2.5 million contracts, Eurex is the exchange with the broadest MSCI index-linked offering tradable on one platform and the highest open interest globally.
Podcast: ESG Derivatives
In this episode, Zubin Ramdarshan, Head of Equity and Index Product Research & Development at Eurex discusses how client demand has led to the introduction of ESG index derivatives.
Topics covered include:
- What are the main drivers behind the initial launch of the ESG futures?
- What kind of traction is Eurex getting with ESG derivatives?
- Why is the light exclusion method is most popular?
- What are the growth opportunities for asset managers?
- How are ESG derivatives being used by clients?
- How do you see the trend for ESG or sustainable investing evolving?
For more information, please contact Eugen Mohr or T (312) 544-1084.