The ASX SPI and ASX MINI SPI are based on the S&P/ASX 200 Index, which comprises the top 200 listed stocks on the Australian share market. The S&P/ASX 200 Index is recognised as the investable benchmark for the Australian equities market, covering approximately 80% of the market capitalisation of listed securities in Australia. ASX SPI 200 Futures are approved for trading by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
• A$25 per index point, or $125,000 notional value when the index is at 5,000 points
• Day and night trading sessions for access almost 24 hours a day
• Available through international hubs including London, Chicago, Singapore and Hong Kong
• Monthly volume for June 2016 was over 1,505,814 contracts (average daily volume: 68,446)
• Available on the next six quarterly expiry months
RISK DISCLAIMER: Trading in futures products entails significant risks of loss which must be understood prior to trading and may not be appropriate for all investors. Past performance of actual trades or strategies cited herein is not necessarily indicative of future performance. The information contained herein is provided to you for information only and believed to be drawn from reliable sources but cannot be guaranteed; Phillip Capital Inc. assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. The views and opinions expressed in this letter are those of the author and do not reflect the views of Phillip Capital Inc. or its staff.